"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, September 03, 2009

    Pres. Obama's School Speech

    For the past two days the topic of conservative talk radio has been the President's planned speech next week, to be broadcast to schoolchildren throughout the country. While I can understand some of the concerns that conservative talkers have expressed, I think those concerns have been exaggerated and blown way out of proportion.

    Personally, I think its a great idea for the President of the United States to address children during their first week back to school. Much in the same way that the President can wield the bully pulpit in driving legislation, so too can he use it to encourage children to stay in school, work hard, and be respectful young citizens. I hope the President does it again the next three years (and I hope President Romney does it the following 8 ;)

    Of course, the President could use it as an opportunity to politic; to try to extol the virtues of health care reform, etc... And I would consider this incredibly inappropriate. However, there's no indication that he plans to do so, and I think it would be a politically stupid move. Furthermore, I consider it wrong to convict him of exploiting children before he has done a thing.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Ed said...

    Assuming he intends to present himself as an exemplar of the benefits of hard work, well, I think you'll see the weakness of the argument.

    3:47 PM  
    Anonymous Zaroorathai.com said...

    For More Traffic Share Your Links With http://www.Zaroorathai.com

    6:22 PM  
    Blogger Carl said...

    Interesting fact about the radio has been the President's planned speech, and post is good too.

    __________________

    dissertation Writing

    4:12 AM  
    Blogger Sarah Hall said...

    I personally would like to extend many thanks for such an original piece of writing! You're a great blogger with an outstandingly kind heart! May God bless you!
    Kindest regards,
    cheap essay writing service

    5:30 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home