"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Sunday, March 16, 2008

    Primary Cluster for the Democrats

    The Democrats are scrambling, trying to figure out a way to have "do-over" primaries in Michigan and Florida that are fair to each of the candidates and are as "delicate" and "diplomatic" as possible. Unfortunately for them, Howard Dean has painted the party into a corner, and the party will be hurt no matter their decision.

    Dean and the DNC originally punished Michigan and Florida for moving their primaries up by stripping them of all of their delegates. In contrast, the Republicans stripped only half of the delegates. This was a much smarter decision, because it served it's purpose as a punishment, but both states still saw the Republican candidates campaign for votes in the states. On the other side of the ticket, the Democrats didn't bother to campaign in those states, which likely left a bitter taste in the mouths of many democrats.

    Now Dean is trying to figure out a way to redo the primaries in these two states. The result of this decision, in light of an incredibly close democratic primary, will be to make these states even more important than they would have been! Talk about backfire. What's worse for the Dem's, is that by changing the rules, there is the very real possibility that the decisive results in these two "punished" states might upset voters in other states.

    Way to go Dean.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home