"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Sunday, August 12, 2007

    MoveOn et. al. Attack FoxNews Advertisers

    From Foxnews.com,
    MoveOn.org, the Campaign for America's Future and liberal blogs like DailyKos.com are asking thousands of supporters to monitor who is advertising on the network. Once a database is gathered, an organized phone-calling campaign will begin, said Jim Gilliam, vice president of media strategy for Brave New Films, a company that has made anti-Fox videos.

    ...

    The groups want to first concentrate on businesses running local ads, as opposed to national commercials.

    "It's a lot more effective for Sam's Diner to get calls from 10 people in his town than going to the consumer complaint department of some pharmaceutical company," Gilliam said.
    Funny, I thought it was the Bush Administration that was silencing critics (although I've never heard how exactly they are doing this). I don't particularly care for Fox News, so I don't watch it. However, these liberal groups are apparently not content to simply not watch Fox News, they feel the need to punish those small businesses that advertise on the network. Of course, Adam Green, the spokesman for Moveon.org says "We're not trying to silence anybody." That is, of course, completely bogus and transparent.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Winged Hussar 1683 said...

    Remind Fox News' advertisers (and the public) that MoveOn.org itself is an anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic hate organization.

    In 2006, MoveOn had to shut down its Action Forum in disgrace after it was proven that MoveOn exercised editorial control in favor of statements to the effect that Jews control all the media, Jews have divided loyalties between Israel and the U.S., Jews did "something" to deserve the Holocaust, "the Catholics are raping your children," "Catholic Pedophiles of America," prominent African-Americans are "house slaves," and numerous 9/11 conspiracy theories.

    MoveOn itself published a derogatory photomanipulation of Pope Benedict waving a gavel in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, along with a bulletin that cited an anti-Semitic source.

    11:04 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home