"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, June 14, 2007

    Gov. Romney the steady Tortoise

    From The Pollster
    I have to add that Mitt Romney is looking like the steady tortoise to the other hares. His trend has remained steadily up despite a number of mistakes earlier. He hasn't enjoyed even a moment of Thompson's "surge", but he's also escaped downturns. His current Iowa and New Hampshire polling also looks good. He has a very far ways to go to emerge in first place, but this far out you might like that long term positive trend.
    I know that Romney has been advertising in these markets, but he has been the clear winner of the three debates, is consistently polled to be the most likable, and as more people see who he is and what he believes, I think his support will grow.

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous ColoradoRight said...

    The record for former Massachusetts officials in national elections isn't so great. The Democrats have sent up Dukakis and Kerry (Lt. Gov and Senator) for President to rather dismal results. Teddy couldn't even beat Carter for the Democratic nomination.

    You have to go back more than a generation to JFK in 1960 to find a Massachusetts politican successful at the national level. So the weight of history seems to be against Romney.

    Unfortunately his Masschusetts background also means that all the fudges he made on gun control and abortion will come back to haunt him. If Fred Thompson does get into the race, he should pack it in.

    9:06 AM  
    Blogger Lew Waters said...

    I still lean towards Duncan Hunter, waiting for Fred Thompson to make it official. Still, a ticket with both of them would be great for the country.

    BTW, Tag, you’re it, LOL. You have been tagged. Read details Here

    10:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home