"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Wednesday, May 02, 2007

    Blame the Republicans

    I'm flabbergasted. Not long ago I posted about Senator Feinstein's Ethics Scandal over at California Conservative. Texas Rainmaker is blogging about it, too.

    In short, Feinstein was the head of the Military Construction appropriations committee. In that position she received information that told her what contracts her husbands company was pursuing. Over the course of her tenure she voted to send billions of dollars to her husband's company, greatly enriching herself in the process.

    In following up on the story, I came across this message board, linking to my original California Conservative post. Take a look at the screen shot below, and take special note of the first comment.
    You need to remember just one tiny little thing - regardless of whether or not Feinstein has done anything wrong -

    The REPUBLICANS were in control of Congress for twelve years - that would be 1994 to 2006.

    That means that if ANYONE was allowing Feinstein to "maneuver, act with impunity", it was the Republicans because they had the majority and they had 10 years to do something about any improper activity on her part.

    But they didn't, did they? Maybe she was doing some "pilfering" WITH some Republicans. That might explain why the Republicans never did anything about it.

    So, according to bubba2, Feinstein using insider information to steer billions of dollars in military appropriations towards her husband's company is the fault of Republicans? At all costs, no matter the circumstances, blame the republicans. I suppose it is this type of blind support from her constituents that has allowed her to do this.

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Lew Waters said...

    Maybe she was doing some "pilfering" WITH some Republicans. That might explain why the Republicans never did anything about it.

    If that is an excuse for Feinsteins unethical acts, why is Duke Cunningham sitting in jail?

    Why is Tom DeLay being drug over the coals over legal acts, at the time?

    And, need we mention Tom Foley? Is he really that much worse than Barney Frank?

    Double standards from the left are prevelant. But, to blame us for them too?

    5:04 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home