"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Monday, April 23, 2007

    Newsom vows to ignore immigration laws

    Yesterday Gavin Newsom, the mayor of San Francisco, declared that he would continue to keep San Francisco a sanctuary for illegal aliens. This includes preventing any city employees from participating in immigration raids, saying "I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way shape or form with these raids. We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it." Presumably, this includes city police, whose job it is to enforce the law. Yet, looking at his comment closer, he states that he will not allow any city employees to even cooperate with those who are conducting the raids.

    It should be noted that ICE raids are frequently performed in order to catch those illegal immigrants who are already wanted for other charges. Perhaps Mayor Newsom isn't concerned with these other charges. The following represent only a fraction of the results of ICE raids over the past year:
    In addition to these local raids, ICE has had great successes throughout the country. For example, this month in Willmar, Minnesota ICE agents arrested 49 illegal immigrants in a raid, 18 of which had criminal convictions for crimes including sexual misconduct on a minor, DUI, domestic abuse, assault, and drug possession. Similar raids nabbing criminal aliens with similar convictions have occurred in this month alone in places like Atlanta, Michigan, Raleigh, Pennsylvania, San Diego, and elsewhere.

    ICE is clearly keeping the streets safer in these areas. If only Gavin Newsom would do his job and help to do the same here in San Francisco.

    Cross Posted at

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Debbie said...

    We have more and more communities becoming sanctuary cities and I think it's a terrible trend. As you point out, there is much crime connected to illegals. One would think legal residents of these places would speak out.

    10:39 AM  
    Blogger Jimmy K. said...

    Sad, so sad... the world gone mad.

    7:38 PM  
    Blogger Jimmy K. said...

    sick and near treason.

    9:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home