"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, March 06, 2007

    Romney on Immigration

    I have not yet come to any final conclusion on whom I shall support in the GOP primaries next year. Gingrich is very high on my list, as I have mentioned before. I recently visited the website of Mitt Romney and was pleasantly surprised to read his stance on immigration. As I have previously posted,
    I believe that we do not allow enough legal immigration. The number currently stands around 1 million a year. Sure, a million is a big number, but in a country of nearly 300 million, it's one-third of one percent. Certainly, this number could easily be increased to, say, 3 million. Coupled with a prevention of illegal border crossing, I think this would represent a fair and compassionate program.
    Romney seems to take a similar stance--which I have not seen in any other candidate, congressman, or pundit--that our country would benefit by increasing the number of immigrants we allow to enter.
    We need to make America more attractive for legal immigrants -- for citizens -- and less attractive for illegal immigrants. I want to see more immigration in our country, but more legal immigration and less illegal immigration.
    I have to say, Romney is becoming more and more appealing to me.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Wild Knight said...

    Excellent site and thanks for the link. http://gardjola2.blogspot.com/2007/03/gentle-cricket.html

    9:12 AM  
    Blogger Jimmy K. said...

    Did you see what happened to the "Newt" today. Seems he was screwing around at the same time he was impeaching Clinton. I know there is no criminal charges for screwing around, but this will kill his aspirations for the presidency. The more I see and hear about politicians the more I think we should just chose our representatives by a lottery system or random drawing.

    8:26 PM  
    Blogger StompOne said...

    I think all Illegal Immigrants should be totally barred for life from voting, even after they became legal. It’s like a massive political invasion of the Native English Speaking American Citizens rights. They come here illegally and then get a chance to fight and many times override your cause and you for expressing your displeasure of how they are going about invading your Sovereign space.
    We have hundreds of thousands of native born American citizen, who are convicted of lesser offenses where they are tried in a court of law, and they are barred from voting for life. I think all illegal immigrants who later become legal should also be barred for life, to stop the blatant invading, infringing upon and undermining of the power of the People whose love and life is only about the United States of America and nowhere else!

    10:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home