"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Friday, March 09, 2007

    Newt-ered

    I have very little respect for those who are unfaithful during marriage, a philosophy that applies to those who I have supported for public office. As I have previously said, Newt Gingrich has been my candidate of choice for the 2008 presidential bid. Unlike so many candidates, his approach is to provide fresh ideas and unique perspectives to the issues--always within a free-market, conservative framework. Yet, while his political savvy is noteworthy, his personal credentials will make preclude him from pursuing the presidency.

    Gingrich was an avid proponent of the impeachment of President Clinton. His stance was not that the President was an adulterer, but rather, that he lied to investigators and lied to the american people. Nonetheless, he is already being referred to as a hypocrite by liberals, moderates, and even some conservatives in the blogosphere. I do not agree with this sentiment.

    I can no longer support his as the candidate of choice, since his pursuit would only revisit the impeachment hearings, and would inevitably portray him as a hypocrite. Nonetheless, I think his presence and insight into the race will be of benefit to conservatives. With a man like Newt, clear-thinking and always conservative, in the picture, it will force others in the race to take their conservative constituents seriously, and won't be as willing to represent moderate or liberal positions (Guiliani).

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Jimmy K. said...

    He has lost his moral high ground for good. He is a good thinker and speech maker, but his character seems a bit flawed. He's toast.

    7:45 PM  
    Blogger MikeZ said...

    For me - at least - the adultery charge takes greater force, because his wife at the time, was in a hospital recovering from cancer.

    If a man can't be true to his wife - when she needed him - just what can he be true to?

    12:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home