"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, December 12, 2006

    Senate Democrat Returns to Socialized Medicine

    After SB 840, the bill within the California State Legislature that would socialize medical coverage within the state, was vetoed by Gov. Schwarzenegger, Senate Pro Tem Don Perata (D) is proposing a plan that would tax businesses and individuals in order to pay for health care for the poor. The plan is different from SB 840, in that it only provides the free-ride health care to the poor. All employees and employers (even those who already pay for their own care) would be required to pay into (read: "be taxed into") a system that would provide the care for the uninsured.

    When presenting his proposal, Sen. Perata stated
    There would be an employer contribution and an employee contribution. If you want to call that mandates, yes. There's no free ride
    For clarification purposes, he means no free ride for businesses and individual tax payers. By definition, it is a free ride for those receiving the free medical care.

    Gov. Schwarzenegger has already stated his dedication to tackling the Health Care issue in 2007 and in his next term. Though he has not issued any details of his plans, he has expressed his opposition to socialized medicine, as well as any plans that would increase taxes.

    I will be watching this legislation closely.

    Cross Posted at California Conservative

    8 Comments:

    Anonymous prying1 said...

    We need to email this dingbat and tell him to put his money where his mouth is. Before this passes I'd like to see him put his entire bank account and portfolio into this proposal.

    I'm not against the "poor". I'm against government entities sucking cash through taxes (read scamming) into programs that

    a: spend more than they take in.

    b: cost more than they provide for those they 'say' the money is going to.

    How many 'cousins' does this jerk have on the government payroll?

    GC - Sorry for the rant. This crap ticks me off 'cause I live in CA too!

    8:12 PM  
    Anonymous businesscardsshop said...

    good site
    http://www.businesscardsshop.com/

    2:58 PM  
    Anonymous depression said...

    important site
    http://www.depression-care.org/

    2:59 PM  
    Anonymous wifiplanets said...

    most important site
    http://www.wifiplanets.org/

    3:01 PM  
    Anonymous furnitures said...

    good site
    http://www.furnitures.org.in/

    3:47 PM  
    Anonymous clickpoint said...

    good site
    http://www.clickpoint.org/

    3:48 PM  
    Blogger Butch said...

    Flynn,

    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    11:15 PM  
    Blogger Butch said...

    Off-topic:

    Happy New Year, Flynn!

    4:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home