"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Monday, December 04, 2006

    A Real Shame

    That's my opinion over the recent news that UN Ambassador John Bolton will step down. Mr. Bolton has been highly criticized by Republicans and Democrats alike over his brief tenure (which began with a recess appointment), for a variety of reasons. The most common complaint amongst the senators who have opposed him is that he is too aggressive, too forceful. For an organization such as the UN, mired in corruption, this type of hardnose attitude may have been useful.

    During his short time in this position, Bolton has been a strong voice for intervention in Darfur, and has strongly criticized his organization for not making it a larger issue. He has also been an advocate for change amongst the UN's Human Rights council, which routinely appoints members from countries with less than admirable track-records of human rights. And, of course, he has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work exposing Iran's Nuclear ambitions and situation. It's a shame that this man won't be allowed to continue his good works.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Debbie said...

    It's a real shame, but we all knew the Dems would never let him stay in. He was the only good thing about the UN.
    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    10:28 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home