"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, July 18, 2006

    McCain is beginning to appeal to me again

    The Examiner, among others, is reporting Sen. McCain's recent comments:
    Why has our party, the party of small government, lately adopted the practices of our opponents who believe the bigger the government the better? I'm afraid it's because at times we value our incumbency more than our principles
    There have been many successes, in my opinion, during the recent Conservative upsurge in the Congress, then Presidency. Yet, McCain's comments serve to express a growing concern among many republicans outside of congress. Spending is out of control.

    A very large portion of this is defense spending, and the associated wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yet, domestic spending has become absurd. The Republican congress sees a problem and decides to throw money at it (i.e. Katrina). Small Government works, and should be strived for.

    I have serious disagreements with Sen. McCain, but I applaude these comments

    4 Comments:

    Blogger T.L. Stanley said...

    I agree with you. Spending is just too much. We will need to wait and see what happens in 2008. McCain looks like a front runner. Take care.

    3:44 AM  
    Blogger chuck b. said...

    McCain will be on John Stewart on Monday. fyi.

    10:34 PM  
    Blogger Travis said...

    McCain says whatever is going to get him in people's good graces.

    The man lost my respect as a political "leader" long ago -- I believe stuff like this is simply futile attempts to humour us. He has been in the Senate for how long, and just NOW he is coming out against stuff like this?

    If he was actually pushing these policies, instead of making convictionless statements to get in the news, he could be in my good graces again.

    5:56 PM  
    Blogger Layer Seven said...

    The Minhchurian Candidate McCain jumped the shark originally with McCain-Feingold.

    Then, he just kept on jumping.

    8:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home