"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, April 04, 2006

    Oregon Legislator to Patrol US Border

    Hat tip to Daniel is Right.

    Representative Jeff Kropf, a Republican legislator from Sublimity, Oregon (and who represents the 17th district, where I used to live!) is heading down to Arizona to help patrol the US border. Rep. Kropf, a member of the minutemen, will be using his own small plane to help the patrol. Kropf said "I’m trying to do what the government ought to be doing, and that’s securing that border". Well said.

    I commend Rep. Kropf for what he is doing, and I hope other lawmakers from around the country show the same commitment, even if it is not to the same extent. We cannot have any immigration policy if we do not secure our borders. Kropf is up for reelection now, and has stated that his concerns for the 2007 legislative session includes banning state services for illegal aliens, and requiring proof for issuing Driver's licenses.

    The Driver's license issue should be of large concern to Oregonians. Currently, all it takes to obtain an Oregon License is a Matricula Consular card; Daniel's blog has volumes about this issue and was the source of the picture at left. With the passage of the Real ID Act, Oregon and other states will be required to actually check that those applying for the license have a right to be in the country. Otherwise, the driver's license will not be acceptable for things like entering a courthouse or boarding a plane.

    I have e-mailed Representative Kropf in order to show my appreciation, as well as to get a comment about his participation. I will publish any response I receive.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Matt said...

    Let's send in private donations to cover fuel, so he doesn't touch his campaign funds. That could be bad. Matt, Oregon Republican League

    7:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home