"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, April 06, 2006

    Landmark Day for The Gentle Cricket

    Today was an historic day for yours truly; I actually agreed with something that Howard Dean had to say. Okay, it was only a partial agreement, but this is still a first. I am in agreement with Mr. Dean's statement regarding President Bush' role in the Valerie Plame investigation:
    The fact that the president was willing to reveal classified information for political gain and put the interests of his political party ahead of America's security shows that he can no longer be trusted to keep America safe
    I do not agree with Mr. Dean that this devious political ploy discredits the President's ability to protect America. Dean obviously chose to throw that in to push the Democrats recent security plan. I still trust President Bush on security issues (the border aside), though I wouldn't trust him with a personal secret.

    But Mr. Dean is correct that declassifying these documents is an abuse of power if it's motivation was to discredit his opposition. Today on the Jerry Doyle show, David Corn (author of "The Lies of President Bush") helped to clarify the issue. So far, it appears that the President and Vice President did not authorize the "leak" of the name of Valerie Plame, but rather declassified documents concerning pre-war intelligence regarding Niger. Mr. Corn claims that this was done in order to stifle the surmounting claims that the President misused or misrepresented pre-war intelligence. In short, the declassification, while within the authority of the President, was used in order to discredit Joseph Wilson.

    I am not taking this position in support of Joseph Wilson. I do not trust him, either. Throughout the investigation, I think he has shown himself to be underhanded, untrustworthy, and opportunistic. Nonetheless, that does not lend credence to what President Bush apparently did. If the President wanted to oppose the accusations that Wilson was making, he should have done so in an open forum, by addressing the American people; certainly not by these underhanded tactics. For that, he should be ashamed.

    It will be interesting to see which Republicans come out in support of President Bush. I have a lot of respect for the President, and I support much of what he does. However, this Republican is proud to condemn these actions.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger AubreyJ said...

    God I hope you and I both don't end up having to agree with Dean... I didn't take the info as you did but we'll have to see when it’s all said and done...

    I do know that when the news first came out today... the MSM was spinning the heck out of it. Almost flat out misleading they were...
    AubreyJ.........

    4:24 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home