"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Monday, February 20, 2006

    Where did the WMD's go?

    In January, a top member of the Saddam Iraqi Air Force claimed that prior to the 2003 Coalitino invasion of Iraq, the WMD's were transported into Syria. This received very little coverage by the MSM. Now, right on the heals of that accusation by General Sada, comes two major stories this week, which have both been ignored by the MSM.

    First, last weekend came tapes that Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, had an ongoing Nuclear program as recently as 2000. Personally, this was not a shock considering that US Forces had found 1.8 tons of partially enriched Uranium (enough to produce 30-48 Nuclear Weapons), and 500 tons of yellowcake Uranium. Furthermore, Dr. Mahdi Obeidi, the physicist who had lead the Iraqi nuclear program until 1997, revealed to US forces upon his capture that he had plans and equipment for Uranium-enrichment buried at his home. According to Dr. Obeidi, these were being hidden until a nuclear program could be reinstated.

    What startles me more, however, is the accusations that Russia was implicit in the transportation of WMD's from Iraq to both Syria and Lebanon. These accusations were made in 2004 by John A. Shaw, former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense, saying that
    They were moved by Russian Spetsnaz (special forces) units out of uniform, that were specifically sent to Iraq to move the weaponry and eradicate any evidence of its existence
    Why would Russia be involved in the movement of Iraqi WMD's? These were weapons that were prohibited under 17 UN Resolutions, so why would Russia be involved in hiding them? Because most of the weapons are of Russian origin.
    [Shaw] estimated that Saddam had amassed 100 million tons of munitions - roughly 60 percent of the entire U.S. arsenal. "The origins of these weapons were Russian, Chinese and French in declining order of magnitude, with the Russians holding the lion's share and the Chinese just edging out the French for second place."
    The Russians had a very strong motive in order to hide their involvement in arming Iraq against UN rules. Russia, along with France and China (the other two nations helping to illegally arm Iraq) had all disputed the need for force (UN Security council resolution 1441)if weapons were found. These three nations, despite their oil interests, also had interests in keeping their roles in arming Iraq secretive, with Russia having the greatest interest in keeping this hidden.

    While the fact that Russia was involved in the transport of these weapons is serious news, what is more serious is that these weapons still have not been found. Falling into the hands of nations like Syria and Lebanon is serious business. The seemingly endless supply of munitions by the insurgency is of little surprise, considering the potential location of these munitions.

    UPDATE: I am currently watching Lou Dobbs Tonight, tonights show focusing on the selling of our ports to a UAE security company (which I disagree with, and I hope President Bush blocks). Lou just said something that caught my attention, 'WMD's which never existed'. This is a common theme among the media, that we these weapons, because they were never found, never existed. I hadn't considered it during the original posting, but the media ignores these important revelations, while still pushing the postulate that these "slam dunk" weapons never existed.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Butch said...

    This is one of the most thought-out posts I've seen about the missing WMD's.

    Mind If I link to it in my post? Of course you'll get full credit...

    Thanks Gentle Cricket,

    tele64

    tele64@gmail.com

    1:50 PM  
    Blogger prying1 said...

    Excellent post! I'm sending my few visitors over here to read it!

    10:54 PM  
    Blogger Christian Pundits said...

    Very informative post. I'm one of the visitors that came at the suggestion of prying1 and I'm glad I did.

    I also linked to your post and look forward to reading more of what you have to say.

    Good Luck with your new blog.

    7:33 AM  
    Blogger AubreyJ said...

    Great post and blog you have here, Gentle Cricket...
    I too would like to say good luck with your new and rising BLOG.
    Thanks for the heads-up by T.L. Stanley (Rosemead Times,) & Paul, (prying1) for pointing me to this site...
    I’m also adding you to my Blogroll if that’s OK...
    Keep up the good work...
    AubreyJ.........

    8:01 AM  
    Blogger The Gentle Cricket said...

    Thanks for your supportive comments. My post only scrapes the surface of the issue. In Fahrenhype 9/11 Dick Morris discusses some lucrative oil dealings between Iraq and these countries (he portrays this as the main reason why these countries did not join the coalition, despite their diplomatic support for the war by voting to approve Resolution 1441).

    I think the US needs to seriously consider the Russian plan to provide Iran with enriched Uranium for energy production.

    11:12 AM  
    Blogger AubreyJ said...

    I'll have to watch the DVD again... I don't remember that part of it... Thanks for the heads-up...
    AubreyJ.........

    5:09 PM  
    Blogger A Jacksonian said...

    Add in the analysis by Wretchard at The Belmont Club and the JFCOM Analysis and you get to wonder just what the Russians knew about Turkey, who they were playing against whom, why they were so worried about the small air group in Jordan, and Saddam thinking that the US would be stymied.

    What was it that Saddam said about the Russian? 'He was untrustworthy?' Well, after a few million barrels of oil he knew the Russian could be bribed... 'He was untrustworthy. I know because I bribed him.'

    Needless to say that in thinking all he had to worry about was an insurgency and that the US Forces wouldn't be moving until 4ID relocated he made a horrible miscalculation. Well, horrible for *him*, at any rate.

    Thank you for your good work!

    3:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Check this out? Maybe?
    http://www.maritimesales.com/TAL10.htm

    I found this while doing research about water. Ironically it started from a great site.

    9:43 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home