"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Tuesday, February 21, 2006

    Jimmy Carter Back Ports Deal

    (from newsmax)
    The Bush administration's plan to turn over control of six major U.S. ports to a Dubai company suffered another blow on Monday, when former President Jimmy Carter endorsed the deal.

    "The overall threat to the United States and security, I don't think it's exists," Carter told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

    Wow. After the current bumbling President endorsed a contract to put the security of six of our major ports under the control of a United Arab Emirates company, a former, more bumbling President has come out to defend the sale. While 99% of Americans are avidly against this sale, this statment should drive the other 1% over the edge.

    About the sale, President carter also said "I've been to Dubai, and I've seen the remarkable port facilities they have there, perhaps the best in the world." Although this is, obviously, meant to be an endorsement of the Dubai company (Dubai Ports), I don't particularly respect President Carter's opinion. His opinion of North Korea was, well, seemingly backwards. He referred to the capitol, Pyongyang, as a "bustling city", and claimed that the way the 'citizens packed the department stores reminded him of Walmart back in Americus Georgia'.

    The sale of the ports is a very critical issue in terms of national security. The sale of these ports would put the US in grave danger. The UAE was woven in with the Hijackers of 9/11; some were residents, some had bank accounts in Dubai. President Bush is failing on the borders, another source of potential terrorist threat, I sincerely hope that he takes this issue more seriously.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Dawn said...

    Carter once again proves the adage "there's no fool like an old fool".

    Really Rosalyn, can't you find SOMETHING else for Jimmah to do? Yeesh...

    7:04 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home