"I wish they would only take me as I am" - Vincent Van Gogh               "How Can I believe in God when just last week I got my tounge caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen              "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake" - Henry David Thoreau              "I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia" - Woody Allen            "When promulgating esoteric cogitations, eschew platitudinous ponderosities" - Mark Rowan, my father            "Up, sluggard, and waste not life, for in the grave there will be sleep enough" - Benjamin Franklin             "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world." - Albert Einstein            "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence" - Ronald Reagan            "It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you." - Lady Bird Johnson              "I still want to be the candidate for guys with confederate flags in their pickup truck" - Howard Dean

e-mail me

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Graduate of the University of Oregon, Married for 4-1/2 years to my High School sweetheart. I am currently residing in Cleveland while I attend med school.

  • John McCain
    • Read what I feed

    Powered by Blogger

    Wednesday, February 15, 2006

    Confusion

    As new photos of Abu Graib prisoners were released today, displayed on CNN and in the Washington Post, it seems as though the media is all too eager to publish these pictures. Just days ago, the media was eager to jump all over some British soldiers who beat up several insurgents who had thrown a grenade at them, and began throwing stones at them.

    Now, I am not surprised that the media is so eager to publish these sort of images. I am not confused about their intentions. What I am confused about, is why they pounce to show these images and cast them as anti-military, yet they refuse to show the Mohammed cartoons. Is this a consistent policy? It does not seem so to me.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Zach Attack said...

    I can't figure out the lack of cartoon as well, I've even had a hard time finding it online. It seems as though it is being censored, which is a bad word, especially for a liberal, where free speech is golden, unless of course if it attacks non-white, non-christian, or non-American people.

    8:14 PM  
    Blogger Scott Allan said...

    This is "Gotcha Journalism" at its finest. The Abu Ghraib pictures are 3 years old. There is nothing new here yet the press present it as though it happened again yesterday. All the people in the photos are already being punished or prosecuted.

    Same thing with Cheney, create a scandal where none exists. I'm just getting wind of the next big media strike in this story. They will start hyping the fact that Cheney admits to having 1 beer hours earlier at lunch that day. Somehow this will make him unfit for leadership and demand his resignation. The only message we can send is to stop watching the channels and stop buying the papers of these pseudo-journalists.

    7:49 PM  
    Blogger Carin said...

    Printing new Abu Ghraib pictures focuses hatred on US Soldiers, and our government (a good thing), while the cartoons spurn outcries at Freedom of Speech (and make Muslims look bad by their overreaction- and thus doesn't jive with "multiculturalism".) See the difference?

    6:16 AM  
    Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

    I think it's perfectly consistent.

    The Abu Ghraib pictures make the Muslims mad at our soldiers.

    The Mohammed cartoons make the Muslims mad at the newspapers.

    The game is called "Let's you and him fight."

    7:24 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Trackbacks

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home